Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Wednesdays Features

Holy cow guys.  Christmas is right around the corner.  And this Saturday my husband's family is doing their Christmas.  EEEK!!! I'm not ready...besides the fact that Friday night I will be making a cake and 12 types of cupcakes.  YES.  12 kinds of cupcakes.  I think I may be crazy.  Keep clicking that water!  It's almost over! {You can click every day if you want!} :)

Sewing
Aren't these cute?  Mari from Choochmagooz has the templates up on her site.  You could use these as anything.  And not just for Christmas.  Minus the Noel these would look great with any Americana theme.

Jill from Homemade by Jill made these ruffle stockings.  I want a ruffle stocking.  This is going on my next year to do list (does anyone else have one of these started already?  Please tell me it's not just me..)

One hip mom has this tool belt tutorial up on her blog.  {Another one that's been saved for uhhh a year and a half?}  Which is a shame because not only is it cute...but looks like it goes together pretty quickly!


Sew4home has these cute quilted coasters that I am just loving....



AND they also have this tutorial for making these pleated dish towels.  Who wouldn't want these in their kitchen?!?

Crafts
Aren't these trees cute?  I adore them.  What a great keepsake.  My garden of Eden shows you the easy way how!

Small Fry & Co shows you how to make the super sweet Gingerbread paper doll kit. 

marshmallowshooter

Need a thrifty boy gift?  How about a marshmallow shooter.  Homebody has your supply list!!



Every little girl wants a doll house.  But do like Crafty Sisters did and make a holiday doll house.  I LOVE it.  {That was all caps, bold, italic and underlined love}

Uhhh.  Do I need to tell you that I love this?  Can I start by saying how jealous I am.  Next year, next year I will have a silverware tree (and hopefully after Christmas I'll find some great deals on little trees!) :) This is from Melissa from the fantastic Inspired Room.



Print this!
I am Momma - Hear me Roar made her readers a Christmas gift.  Free printables.  This quote is my favorite. 

Photobucket
The Idea Room has these cute nativity finger puppets you can print off and make. 

And U Create with Kids also has a printable nativity scene.  This one is from Catholic Icing.

Betsy from B Nute Productions has these super sweet (haha pun intended) Peppermint Party invitations.  I will have a peppermint party...one day.

Here is another Anders Ruff printable.  And another one for my save for next year file (when I am good and Christmas craft all year long so I have extra time to do things like this).  I loved the idea of Elfing when I first heard about it.  And I love the polka dots. :)

Food
DSC04915-1
Does this not just look decadent?  Oh gosh.  I know my treadmill will be getting one heck of a workout here (in a few weeks...)  I heart naptime.  Go right now and mmm. 

004
Have you seen these cakes?  You can make them for all kinds of holidays.  I love the fact that they look so pretty -- and they are SO quick and easy to put together.  I always get tons of compliments on them.  This one is baked by Life in my Pj's.  She used red velvet cake.  {I don't know if she made hers from scratch but box cake works too!} I love the white chocolate she used!!!

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes
Tidy mom is guest posting today over at Ucreate Foods.  Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes.  Are you kidding me?  Chocolate chip cookies+cookie dough+cupcakes = Cupookie ... aka....crack.

Hot Cocoa Cupcakes from non other than Hoosier Homemade.  Want to talk to her and other fantastic famous bloggers? (And yes,they are famous because they are awesome and I totally wish I could do half of the stuff they do) Join the BlogFrog Seasonal Celebrations - we're all chatting tonight. I'm a SoCal Family Connect Community Member

cheddar cheese crackers1 300x201 Homemade Cheese Crackers: A Whole Grain, Healthy Treat

And I thought since I have shared about 10,000 calories with you today the last one should be a little healthier.  The Family Kitchen has a recipe for homemade cheese crackers (with whole grains).  I want cute snowflake gold fish!

And there you go ...20 ideas.... I've got a huge TO DO MUST DO list today.  Wish me luck!!!

Amanda

10 comments:

  1. This is my first time here. Love all the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amanda! You have a great top 20 this week, so many inspiring ideas! I think my boys would love that marshmallow shooter, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! Thanks for the feature!
    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the mention and all the amazing ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the feature! and I clicked :)

    ~Ela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Love all this stuff!
    Thanks for the shout out, and I clicked too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun site you've got going! Love all the fun ideas you feature!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i just printed off the nativity the other day, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for including me in your fun list of ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great round up! Thanks so much for including my Hot Cocoa Cupcakes!
    Merry Christmas!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete