Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Blog Updates

I hope everyone has had a wonderful Easter weekend!  We sure did!  Just a few quick things - and then I will get the top 20 post up!
{I wanted a picture next to the flowers - he was mad because the grass was wet.}

First - Have you heard of BlogFrog?  It's an awesome site that allows everyone to connect in communities.  Think facebook ... but in groups.  I started a group called Do It Yourself.  I'd love for you to join!  There is an open forum - start discussions, meet other people, share ideas!  I'd love to start monthly "creative meetings" (a.k.a. live chats) once we get enough members! {Click here or over on the left to join - and of course, it's free!}

Second - I'm trying to organize the top 20 into categories so it makes it easy to find ideas - if you have any suggestions - let me know!

Third - Blogger of the month party is coming up!  My Vinyl Designer is donating yet another awesome prize!  You should really go check them out because - well - they rock.
My Vinyl Designer Modern Art for the Home

ANNND

Fourth - I'm really trying to evaluate myself as a blogger.  And make sure that as my blog(s) grow that I am keeping them going in the direction that I'd like.  I started blogging so that I could inspire, be inspired and make friends who understood my excitement over things like burlap, printable fabric (ok, just fabric in general) and decorating for such holidays like Talk Like A Pirate Day (oh yes, it's a biggie in our house). 
With that said -- please join me on Twitter, email me, join the Do It Yourself Community, if you live in the Indianapolis area let's do lunch.  We don't need a blog conference to all get together! :) {Although -- I can't wait to go to one!}

3 comments:

  1. Talk like a pirate day is big at our house too. My hubby starts the Halloween transformation then (See me blog for pics) We turn our front yard into a Pirate Ship and on Halloween we fry doughnuts and serve home made root beer. So great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feature on your top 20!! I am loving your other picks as well!! Great blog!! Holiday Snob!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I celebrate talk like a pirate day too! September 19th, right?

    Amanda

    Frillsandfrolic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete